And the winners of The Edublogger’s Birthday Celebration Competition are

And the winners of The Edublogger’s Birthday Celebration Competition are …….

1. Building a better blog and having fun doing it!!! by Ashley (student blogger)
  2. Blogging for ESL Students in Taiwan by Jared
  3. Using threaded comments to build a writing community in your classroom by Alice Mercer
  4. Helpful Tips for Setting up a Classroom Blog by Errin Gregory
  5. 20 Days to Better Blogging with Children by Joy Simpson
  6. SSR and Voice Thread by Paul Turtola
  7. How to embed a Jing Screencast into your Edublogs Blog by Nathan Toft
  8. Are you a quality Commenter? by Catie (student blogger)
  9. Images in blog posts by Miss Wyatt
  10. Tips For Building a Blog Audience by Nicholas (student blogger)
  11. Happy Birthday Edublogger – building your blog audience by Hayden (student blogger)
  12. Favorite Blog Widgets by Mallorie (student blogger)
  13. Getting Educators involved with Web 2.0 by Jody Bowie
  14. Getting educators involved with using web technology by Lisa Dumicich

Congratulations to all winners!

Here’s a badge if you would like to add to your sidebar:

Larger version

200 pixels wide by 100 pixels high

Image larger badge

Write the following code in a text widget to add it to your blog sidebar:

Image of code for larger badge

Smaller Version

180 pixels wide by 90 pixels high

Image Smaller badge

Image of code for smaller badge

Please send an email to tell me if you want to use the free 12 months Edublogs supporters subscription on your own blog or to give away to a reader.

Image of email address

FINAL THOUGHTS

Thanks to everyone who entered!  Choosing the winners was incredibly hard due to so many excellent entries.

Please take the time to check out the winners posts because each provides excellent tips, ideas and advice.  You can check all the entries in the pingback section of this post!

If you are enjoying reading this blog, please consider feed-icon32x32 Finding and Adding Creative Commons Images To Your Blog PostsSubscribing For Free!

25 thoughts on “And the winners of The Edublogger’s Birthday Celebration Competition are

1. Dear Sue Waters,

That’s really amazing that I was chosen! I’d been wanting to write a post on that topic for a long time on my Techno Teacher Taiwan blog (grade8callblog.edublogs.org), but I’d been so busy at school, I never found the time. When I saw your post on the contest, there was only a few days left. That kickstarted me to get on it! I’ve never won anything, so I didn’t expect much. But, this is great because I just became a subscriber on my class blog (with over 400 students, I use up the space quickly!), but my personal blog is almost full. So, if I could I would like to use the subsription for my personal blog at: jaredwestin.edublogs.org

I’ll send you an email as well. I’d just like to say that your work on The Edublogger has been vital to my learning about blogs. Thanks for choosing me, but more importantly, thanks for all the advice and YOUR great blog!

From Taiwan,

Teacher Jared

1. Hi Jared – I’m glad the competition was a stimulus to write your post as I know that time can be such an issue. So congratulations on your win. I’ve upgraded your personal blog to supporter status.

Glad my posts help your learning. Please let me know any time topics you would like me to cover.

2. Hello Mrs.Waters

I just wanted to thank you so much for choosing me as one of the winners, I felt so honored to put that badge on my blog! I had to think about the subscription for a while but I would really like to use it because I really want to continue with my blogging and make my blog the best it can be!

Thanks again so much it means a lot to me!

3. Hi Ms.Waters,
    I can’t put the badge in my blog the code won’t paste in a text widget.
    Any Advice?
    By the way, thank you for choosing my post. I would like to use the blogger subscription please.
    Bye

1. Hi Nicholas – congratulations on your win! Well done… Adding the widget can be tricky so I’ve done it for you. However I notice that there was problem with your side bar. Unfortunately your virtual pet was upsetting it. I’ve removed it for now and you will notice your sidebar is displaying better.

I’ve changed your blog to an Edublogs supporter.

4. Sue,
    My young bloggers will be very happy at this news. I so appreciate your active engagement of these kids through the personal, thoughtful comments you leave on their blogs. They really get the sense that they are part of a community of writers.
    Thank you for your encouragement.

1. Hi Jan, I’m looking forward to hearing how excited they are about the news. Once you have spoken to them do you want to send me an email with their blog URL or are they going to contact me?

Always happy to support student bloggers – it is great to see them learning and engaging in the global community.

5. is there a smaller badge? i have a 3 column design and the image isn’t appearing in the text widget i added. the column is too narrow and won’t fit the pic.

1. Hi Paul, I’ve made a smaller badge and have added it to your blog. Part of the problem was the code I had added to the post was being changed. I couldn’t remember the keys to use to stop this happening so have instead included a screenshot of what code needs to be written.